Are there any lawyers here? I need help?

I think this is about imminent domain.

My family has lived in a compound for many years now. There are three properties on the said compound with different titles. There is another title for the Right of Way.

Recently, our local government has just bought two parcels of land (Right of way is not included) and made it into a "Terminal" of Public Vehicles. Now, the local government assumed that they have now the right to use the Right of Way.

By the way, the owner of the Right of way and the one parcel of land that has not sold are the same.

Imminent domain says, "The power to take private property for public use by a state, municipality, or private person or corporation authorized to exercise functions of public character, following the payment of just compensation to the owner of that property."

The question is, does the owner of the Right of Way has the right to ask for a "just compensation" from the local government so they can use the way? or does the owner have the right to barricade the way if the local government doesn’t give a compensation?

Another, can the local government "RENT" the way rather than buying it?

I need answers.
The owners of the 3 parcels are different people

A&B parcels has been bought by the local government

C&ROW has not been bought.

One Response to “Are there any lawyers here? I need help?”

  1. wizjp Says:

    Where you are makes a difference. Generally if there is an established ROW in the US, it is for the benefit of specific parcels; the purchase of the 2 may entitle them to use the ROW without a declaration of eminent domain.

    Yes, one can lease use of a ROW as well.