Folks will not give access to property, what can be done here in maryland?

A property owner gave my parents a right of way they’ve used for more tham 30 years,, a group of people crought the land ,and do not want to give us access to our property. What can be done, the mail still come to the right of way address? The original right of way has homes built on it. In a fix, and don’t know what to do.

6 Responses to “Folks will not give access to property, what can be done here in maryland?”

  1. davidmi711 Says:

    You need a real estate lawyer. Since the easement has been established over time it should be able to be enforced, however there are many variables and you really need a lawyer to make sure you get it right.

  2. Morgan Says:

    The new owners don’t really any choice but to give you access to your land. If this goes to court those folks will lose.

  3. Actions have consequences Says:

    Is the right of way noted on the deed? If it is, then your parents have a legal right to the access. If it is NOT, your parents will have to go to court to force the existing rights traditionally allowed. If the new owners were not aware of the access issue, you could be in for a battle.

  4. sitcpsitcb Says:

    What you have (or had) is called an easement, and your rights or lack thereof depend a lot on how it was created. The general rule is that an easement runs with the land – i.e. you still have the right to use it even though the land was sold, and additionally anyone who buys your land also has the right to use it. But there are many, many exceptions to this and a lot will depend on what you have documented, what documents (if any) are filed with the government, and how the easement came about. If this is very important, I would highly recommend contacting an attorney.

    Any book on property/real estate law for non-attorneys should give you a lot of information.

  5. Amy Says:

    The new owners can not stop your access.

  6. diet for fast weight Loss Says:

    Hi, I desire to subscribe for this website to take newest updates,
    so where can i do it please help out.

    Visit my weblog: diet for fast weight Loss