Ohio Property Laws?

I know that a upper land owner cant flood out a lower land owner, But we have a farmer that dug a ditch from a road cavert that was putting water in his feild and he changed the water flow and dug a 4ft. wide and about 3 ft deep trench right to us. The Soild and water and the county wants us to do all this work to our land and fork out 1000’s of $$ to run all the water across where my horses are and across the driveway and then infront of my home and along the side.
Everyone on the board are all Farmers, so no one is going to tell him to take this down. 1 man did and they voted him off the trustee’s board within 1 year. HELP PLEASE. This is Highland County!
I looked up the laws before thats why I need help. I cant get anyone to inforce the laws. We are getting flooded. 1 of our horses was stuck in the mud and when we got her out she lost her baby.
The farmer didnt care when we said something to him the other day because what happen. There is alot more but I can get into it more on email or mess.

One Response to “Ohio Property Laws?”

  1. Krissi Says:

    I am not sure exactly what you are looking for. I am having a little trouble figuring out what the county wants you to do and the reasons why. However, as far as online statutes, here is a link that may help you find what you are looking for. Hopefully, this will help. If not, maybe try Ohio.gov and lookup the numbers to local government offices that may be able to assist you further or you can contact an attorney for consultation advising you with this situation.
    Here’s the link:

    Edit: Okay, i thought you were looking for laws, not trying to have them enforced. In this situation I would definitly call the state police and file a report with them over the damage this farmer is doing to your property. I would also contact a lawyer to represent you in front of the council and to possibly recover the costs of damages you have or will incur. Unfortunatly, to minimalize damage to your property any further, you may have to go forth with remedying the situation yourself and then sue the responsible party for causing these damages. I am sorry you are going through this and I wish I could be more help.